Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 9:22 am
D-backs fall one spot in ESPN Power Rankings
Kirk Gibson's team is 32-24 and leading the National League West by 2.5 games entering a four-game series with the St. Louis Cardinals Monday.
They just finished up a 4-2 week that included a double header sweep of the AL West-leading Texas Rangers and back-to-back wins at Wrigley Field that saw them pound out 30 hits and score 20 runs.
So, how did they fall one spot in ESPN's latest MLB Power Rankings?
The Diamondbacks took a step back from 10th to 11th in this week's ranking, one spot behind the New York Yankees, who fell five spots after a disastrous 1-6 week.
David Schoenfeld of ESPN's SweetSpot blog wrote the following about the D-backs:
Patrick Corbin is now 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, although he's given up four runs in each of his past two starts. Meanwhile, Wade Miley has lost four starts in a row, allowing 23 runs in 21 2/3 innings with six home runs allowed. Tyler Skaggs, after pitching six scoreless innings in his 2013 debut, starts again on Tuesday in a big series in St. Louis.
In case you're wondering, the Cardinals (37-19) top the list and are followed by Texas, Cincinnati, Boston and Atlanta.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?