Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 9:22 am
D-backs fall one spot in ESPN Power Rankings
Kirk Gibson's team is 32-24 and leading the National League West by 2.5 games entering a four-game series with the St. Louis Cardinals Monday.
They just finished up a 4-2 week that included a double header sweep of the AL West-leading Texas Rangers and back-to-back wins at Wrigley Field that saw them pound out 30 hits and score 20 runs.
So, how did they fall one spot in ESPN's latest MLB Power Rankings?
The Diamondbacks took a step back from 10th to 11th in this week's ranking, one spot behind the New York Yankees, who fell five spots after a disastrous 1-6 week.
David Schoenfeld of ESPN's SweetSpot blog wrote the following about the D-backs:
Patrick Corbin is now 9-0 with a 2.06 ERA, although he's given up four runs in each of his past two starts. Meanwhile, Wade Miley has lost four starts in a row, allowing 23 runs in 21 2/3 innings with six home runs allowed. Tyler Skaggs, after pitching six scoreless innings in his 2013 debut, starts again on Tuesday in a big series in St. Louis.
In case you're wondering, the Cardinals (37-19) top the list and are followed by Texas, Cincinnati, Boston and Atlanta.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.