Prince Philip leaves hospital after surgery
LONDON (AP) - Britain's Prince Philip was discharged from a London hospital on Monday, 10 days after undergoing exploratory surgery on his abdomen.
Philip, also known as the Duke of Edinburgh, smiled and shook hands with medical staff as he walked steadily from the London Clinic, clutching a thick hardback book.
Buckingham Palace said Philip was "in good condition and good spirits."
The husband of Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 92 on June 10, had an operation under general anesthetic on June 7.
Philip has suffered heart and bladder problems in the past, but officials have not released details about his current condition.
The palace said the prince is expected to spend two months convalescing, initially at Windsor Castle near London.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.