Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 2:25 pm
D-backs' Patrick Corbin named NL Pitcher of the Month
The 23-year-old left-hander of the Arizona Diamondbacks was named the National League Pitcher of the Month Monday.
Corbin went 5-0 and posted a sterling 1.53 ERA in his five May starts, striking out 31 and walking only 13.
The native of Clay, New York leads the Majors in wins with nine and ranks fourth among qualified pitchers with a 2.06 ERA.
Other pitchers receiving votes for the honor included Pittsburgh closer Jason Grilli, Philadelphia lefty Cliff Lee, Atlanta's Mike Minor, Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Cubs' starter Scott Feldman and St. Louis reliever Seth Maness.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.