Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 2:25 pm
D-backs' Patrick Corbin named NL Pitcher of the Month
The 23-year-old left-hander of the Arizona Diamondbacks was named the National League Pitcher of the Month Monday.
Corbin went 5-0 and posted a sterling 1.53 ERA in his five May starts, striking out 31 and walking only 13.
The native of Clay, New York leads the Majors in wins with nine and ranks fourth among qualified pitchers with a 2.06 ERA.
Other pitchers receiving votes for the honor included Pittsburgh closer Jason Grilli, Philadelphia lefty Cliff Lee, Atlanta's Mike Minor, Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Cubs' starter Scott Feldman and St. Louis reliever Seth Maness.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.