Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 2:25 pm
D-backs' Patrick Corbin named NL Pitcher of the Month
The 23-year-old left-hander of the Arizona Diamondbacks was named the National League Pitcher of the Month Monday.
Corbin went 5-0 and posted a sterling 1.53 ERA in his five May starts, striking out 31 and walking only 13.
The native of Clay, New York leads the Majors in wins with nine and ranks fourth among qualified pitchers with a 2.06 ERA.
Other pitchers receiving votes for the honor included Pittsburgh closer Jason Grilli, Philadelphia lefty Cliff Lee, Atlanta's Mike Minor, Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Cubs' starter Scott Feldman and St. Louis reliever Seth Maness.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.