Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 2:25 pm
D-backs' Patrick Corbin named NL Pitcher of the Month
The 23-year-old left-hander of the Arizona Diamondbacks was named the National League Pitcher of the Month Monday.
Corbin went 5-0 and posted a sterling 1.53 ERA in his five May starts, striking out 31 and walking only 13.
The native of Clay, New York leads the Majors in wins with nine and ranks fourth among qualified pitchers with a 2.06 ERA.
Other pitchers receiving votes for the honor included Pittsburgh closer Jason Grilli, Philadelphia lefty Cliff Lee, Atlanta's Mike Minor, Clayton Kershaw of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Cubs' starter Scott Feldman and St. Louis reliever Seth Maness.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.