Updated Jun 3, 2013 - 6:16 pm
Owings, Bradley win D-backs' organizational awards for second consecutive month
Owings, who leads the minor leagues in hits, with 86 -- 10 more than any other minor leaguer -- currently has a 21-game hit streak intact. The 21-year-old shortstop hit .355 (44-for-124) in 29 games in the month of May, recording six doubles, 14 RBI, three stolen bases and one home run.
Following the 2012 season, Baseball America ranked Owings as the Diamondbacks' No. 7 prospect. Selected 41st overall as a supplemental first-rounder in the 2009 draft, Owings leads the Pacific Coast League in games, at-bats and runs scored.
Bradley, who was recently recognized by ESPN's Keith Law as Major League Baseball's ninth-best prospect, went 4-1 with a 0.79 ERA after being promoted to Double-A Mobile at the beginning of the month. He currently boasts the second-best ERA (1.01) and strikeout total (80) in the minor leagues. Right-handers in the Southern League are currently batting .100 (7-for-70) with 20 strikeouts against Bradley, who didn't allow a home run in the month of May.
The Diamondbacks selected the hard-throwing 20-year-old with the seventh pick of the 2011 draft.
Monday was the first time that the organization's player and pitcher awards were captured by the same pair for consecutive months.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.