Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 7:57 am
Daniel Hudson left Double-A rehab start with elbow stiffness
Daniel Hudson made his first rehab start for Double-A Mobile on Tuesday afternoon.
Hudson pitched two innings giving up two hits, one run with one walk and a strikeout.
After the game, Hudson was on his way back to Phoenix, possibly with a setback. Nick Piecoro, of The Arizona Republic, is with the team in St. Louis and tweeted that Hudson's outing was shortened due to a re-emergence of pain in his elbow.
Dbacks say that Daniel Hudson left his start with Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness and is returning to Phoenix to Dr. Michael Lee.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 5, 2013
Hudson himself tweeted a few times early Wednesday.
Worst flight of my life last year. Never thought I would have to do it again so soon. Good news is the elbow feels different than last time— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
So here's to staying positive. Thanks for all of the positive messages. They were nice to wake up to. You guys are the best #StayHumble— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
Hudson is battling back from Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow last July.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.