Updated Jun 5, 2013 - 7:57 am
Daniel Hudson left Double-A rehab start with elbow stiffness
Daniel Hudson made his first rehab start for Double-A Mobile on Tuesday afternoon.
Hudson pitched two innings giving up two hits, one run with one walk and a strikeout.
After the game, Hudson was on his way back to Phoenix, possibly with a setback. Nick Piecoro, of The Arizona Republic, is with the team in St. Louis and tweeted that Hudson's outing was shortened due to a re-emergence of pain in his elbow.
Dbacks say that Daniel Hudson left his start with Double-A Mobile with elbow stiffness and is returning to Phoenix to Dr. Michael Lee.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 5, 2013
Hudson himself tweeted a few times early Wednesday.
Worst flight of my life last year. Never thought I would have to do it again so soon. Good news is the elbow feels different than last time— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
So here's to staying positive. Thanks for all of the positive messages. They were nice to wake up to. You guys are the best #StayHumble— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 5, 2013
Hudson is battling back from Tommy John surgery on his throwing elbow last July.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.