Updated Jun 7, 2013 - 4:46 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Daniel Hudson re-tears UCL
The team announced Friday that the pitcher, who had left a rehab start with Double-A Mobile Tuesday complaining of stiffness in his elbow, suffered a re-tear of the UCL in his right elbow.
According to the team, the staff is currently exploring all medical options for the 26-year-old hurler.
Adversity is a fact of life. It can't be controlled. What we can control is how we react to it. Fall down seven times, stand up eight— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 7, 2013
Hudson last pitched in a Major League game on June 26, 2012, which he left due to elbow discomfort. It was learned that he had torn the elbow ligament, and underwent Tommy John Surgery shortly thereafter.
He had been working his way back, though, and before his lone start in Double-A had pitched in some extended spring training games. In late May, after an outing where he threw 74 pitches -- including 54 strikes -- while allowing four runs on seven hits, he tweeted out that his arm "felt great."
Some of Hudson's fellow D-backs chimed in with some thoughts:
Really bummed to hear abt Huddy... Kinda a punch in the gut. We all know he'll be strong about it tho and come back tougher than ever...— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) June 7, 2013
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.