Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 5:23 pm
D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson: J.J. Putz 'threw the ball fine' off the mound
"It looked good," manager Kirk Gibson said of Putz's performance. "I asked him how he felt, because it felt a little strange [for him] getting on the mound. It seems like it's been longer really than it really has. But all and all, I think he felt good.
"He threw the ball fine. I'm sure he'll throw the ball better every time he throws."
Before landing on the disabled list, Putz was 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA, five saves and four blown saves.
In his absence, three-time All-Star Heath Bell has converted 10 of 11 save chances.
Gibson said Putz will throw off the mound again on Tuesday.
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.