Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 5:23 pm
D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson: J.J. Putz 'threw the ball fine' off the mound
"It looked good," manager Kirk Gibson said of Putz's performance. "I asked him how he felt, because it felt a little strange [for him] getting on the mound. It seems like it's been longer really than it really has. But all and all, I think he felt good.
"He threw the ball fine. I'm sure he'll throw the ball better every time he throws."
Before landing on the disabled list, Putz was 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA, five saves and four blown saves.
In his absence, three-time All-Star Heath Bell has converted 10 of 11 save chances.
Gibson said Putz will throw off the mound again on Tuesday.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.