Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 5:23 pm
D-backs' manager Kirk Gibson: J.J. Putz 'threw the ball fine' off the mound
"It looked good," manager Kirk Gibson said of Putz's performance. "I asked him how he felt, because it felt a little strange [for him] getting on the mound. It seems like it's been longer really than it really has. But all and all, I think he felt good.
"He threw the ball fine. I'm sure he'll throw the ball better every time he throws."
Before landing on the disabled list, Putz was 2-1 with a 4.26 ERA, five saves and four blown saves.
In his absence, three-time All-Star Heath Bell has converted 10 of 11 save chances.
Gibson said Putz will throw off the mound again on Tuesday.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.