Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 7:36 am
Report: D-backs' pitcher Brandon McCarthy suffered seizure
D-backs' McCarthy OK after having seizure: Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy, sidelined last Septembe... es.pn/15ZYuAp— espnmlb (@espnmlb) June 9, 2013
Employees and patrons of the Rock Bottom Brewery in north Phoenix, along with McCarthy's wife, Amanda, assisted the 29-year-old pitcher during the episode. He was later admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.
Although doctors have linked the seizure to the head injury McCarthy suffered last season, the incident isn't expected to delay his return from the disabled list.
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the Diamondbacks this season.
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.