Updated Jun 10, 2013 - 7:36 am
Report: D-backs' pitcher Brandon McCarthy suffered seizure
D-backs' McCarthy OK after having seizure: Diamondbacks right-hander Brandon McCarthy, sidelined last Septembe... es.pn/15ZYuAp— espnmlb (@espnmlb) June 9, 2013
Employees and patrons of the Rock Bottom Brewery in north Phoenix, along with McCarthy's wife, Amanda, assisted the 29-year-old pitcher during the episode. He was later admitted to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale.
Although doctors have linked the seizure to the head injury McCarthy suffered last season, the incident isn't expected to delay his return from the disabled list.
McCarthy is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA in 11 starts for the Diamondbacks this season.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?