Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 9:28 am
Twitter reactions to D-backs and Dodgers brawl
After Kennedy unintentionally threw at Yasiel Puig in the bottom of the sixth, Zack Greinke threw at D-backs catcher Miguel Montero, which caused the benches to empty, but no punches were thrown.
In the bottom of the seventh, Kennedy hit Greinke, which caused the benches to empty again. Punches were thrown in one of the ugliest brawls of the MLB season.
Here is some of the Twitter reaction of baseball analysts.
Zack Greinke is gritty.— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2013
Dodgers fans tweeting me all butt hurt that Kennedy threw at Greinke -- Tough! Pitchers are fair game too and Greinke hit 2 Dbacks!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) June 12, 2013
Sucks being the team that hit someone unintentionally first. Greinke obviously hit miggy on purpose, but gets nothing but a warning— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 12, 2013
All started by a pitch thrown by a pitcher who had no intent of hitting the batter. So predictably stupid.— Jonah Keri (@jonahkeri) June 12, 2013
Eagle-eyed @ken_rosenthal, watching the brawl replay in the seat next to me, spotted Don Mattingly take down bench coach Alan Trammell.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 12, 2013
This video of my dad throwing down Alan Trammell like a rag doll gets me so hype!!!!i.imgur.com/Iqa0DRE.gif— Preston Mattingly (@Pmoney30) June 12, 2013
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.