Updated Jun 12, 2013 - 9:28 am
Twitter reactions to D-backs and Dodgers brawl
After Kennedy unintentionally threw at Yasiel Puig in the bottom of the sixth, Zack Greinke threw at D-backs catcher Miguel Montero, which caused the benches to empty, but no punches were thrown.
In the bottom of the seventh, Kennedy hit Greinke, which caused the benches to empty again. Punches were thrown in one of the ugliest brawls of the MLB season.
Here is some of the Twitter reaction of baseball analysts.
Zack Greinke is gritty.— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) June 12, 2013
Dodgers fans tweeting me all butt hurt that Kennedy threw at Greinke -- Tough! Pitchers are fair game too and Greinke hit 2 Dbacks!— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) June 12, 2013
Sucks being the team that hit someone unintentionally first. Greinke obviously hit miggy on purpose, but gets nothing but a warning— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) June 12, 2013
All started by a pitch thrown by a pitcher who had no intent of hitting the batter. So predictably stupid.— Jonah Keri (@jonahkeri) June 12, 2013
Eagle-eyed @ken_rosenthal, watching the brawl replay in the seat next to me, spotted Don Mattingly take down bench coach Alan Trammell.— Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro) June 12, 2013
This video of my dad throwing down Alan Trammell like a rag doll gets me so hype!!!!i.imgur.com/Iqa0DRE.gif— Preston Mattingly (@Pmoney30) June 12, 2013
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?