Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 10:53 am
D-backs' bats silent during weekend sweep in San Diego
Unless, of course, you're a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
After taking two of three from the Dodgers in Los Angeles, the D-backs trekked down I-5 for a three-game series with the red-hot Padres. You could say things didn't go very well for the boys in Sedona Red, as they were handed just their second sweep of the season.
Arizona's bats were silent during the weekend, accounting for only six runs, a .181 batting average (17-for-94) and just three hits with runners in scoring position. And, if you take out Ian Kennedy's 2-for-2 game Sunday, Arizona hit just .163 as a team.
As you can see below, the D-backs' offensive woes against the Padres weren't limited to just a few players.
The Diamondbacks still lead the NL West by a half game over the Colorado Rockies heading into a three-game series against the Miami Marlins at Chase Field.
This could be a golden opportunity for the Arizona bats to awaken, as Miami brings the Major Leagues' worst record (21-47) with them and their collective ERA of 4.15 ranks 20th in baseball.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.