Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 10:53 am
D-backs' bats silent during weekend sweep in San Diego
Unless, of course, you're a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
After taking two of three from the Dodgers in Los Angeles, the D-backs trekked down I-5 for a three-game series with the red-hot Padres. You could say things didn't go very well for the boys in Sedona Red, as they were handed just their second sweep of the season.
Arizona's bats were silent during the weekend, accounting for only six runs, a .181 batting average (17-for-94) and just three hits with runners in scoring position. And, if you take out Ian Kennedy's 2-for-2 game Sunday, Arizona hit just .163 as a team.
As you can see below, the D-backs' offensive woes against the Padres weren't limited to just a few players.
The Diamondbacks still lead the NL West by a half game over the Colorado Rockies heading into a three-game series against the Miami Marlins at Chase Field.
This could be a golden opportunity for the Arizona bats to awaken, as Miami brings the Major Leagues' worst record (21-47) with them and their collective ERA of 4.15 ranks 20th in baseball.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.