Updated Jun 17, 2013 - 7:03 pm
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson addresses injury situation prior to Monday's game
Prior to Monday's game against Miami Marlins, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson addressed the injury situation and provided updates on Adam Eaton, Brandon McCarthy and J.J. Putz.
McCarthy, who is 2-4 with a 5.00 ERA this season, has been out of the rotation since June 1 because of right shoulder inflammation.
"I don't know we have an answer for why it happens," Gibson said in regards McCarthy's shoulder issues. "It happens and you try to calm it down.
"He's out there today and will throw a bullpen tomorrow."
Putz has been on the disabled list since May 8 with a strained ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.
Prior to his injury, Putz had a 4.26 ERA and had blown four blown saves. However, he has saved 82 games for the D-backs since coming to the Valley in 2011. According to Gibson, he's close to returning.
"He might have a live bullpen coming up soon," Gibson stated. "My guess is a live session and then get him into a game, but it hasn't been determined yet."
Prized prospect Adam Eaton hasn't played a game this season due to a left elbow strain he suffered in spring training, but the D-backs outfielder seems to be getting closer to returning after suffering a setback on May 22.
"He threw yesterday and feels fine," said Gibson. "So, we will probably start to stretch it out a bit.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.