Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 9:49 am
D-backs' Ian Kennedy drops appeal for 10-game suspension
"No," Kennedy said when asked if the ban was fair. "That's why I'm going through with the appealing process. Look at the history, my history and the history of first offenses of things that have happened in the past, that's why I'm going to go through the appealing process."
Well apparently after a few days of contemplation, the 28-year-old has had a change of heart according to the team's official Twitter account.
#Dbacks Ian Kennedy has dropped his appeal and will begin serving his 10-game suspension tonight.— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) June 18, 2013
With Kennedy beginning his 10-game suspension Monday night, he'll be eligible to return June 29 against the Atlanta Braves.
His 10-game ban was the harshest levied to a pitcher since the Kansas City Royals' Runelvys Hernandez in 2005.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.