Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 9:49 am
D-backs' Ian Kennedy drops appeal for 10-game suspension
"No," Kennedy said when asked if the ban was fair. "That's why I'm going through with the appealing process. Look at the history, my history and the history of first offenses of things that have happened in the past, that's why I'm going to go through the appealing process."
Well apparently after a few days of contemplation, the 28-year-old has had a change of heart according to the team's official Twitter account.
#Dbacks Ian Kennedy has dropped his appeal and will begin serving his 10-game suspension tonight.— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) June 18, 2013
With Kennedy beginning his 10-game suspension Monday night, he'll be eligible to return June 29 against the Atlanta Braves.
His 10-game ban was the harshest levied to a pitcher since the Kansas City Royals' Runelvys Hernandez in 2005.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks rumor mill
- Arizona Diamonbacks reportedly trying to sign OF Shin-Soo Choo
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.