Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 3:00 pm
Diamondbacks sign first-round pick Braden Shipley
According to Baseball America editor Jim Callis, the team wasted little time in bringing Shipley into the fold.
A 6-foot-3 converted shortstop, Shipley went 7-3 with a 2.77 ERA last season for the Wolfpack. He struck out 102 batters in 107.1 innings of work.
"We're looking for starting pitching and it is something you can never have enough of," said D-backs director of scouting Ray Montgomery the night Shipley was drafted. "Braden has three plus pitches and he's one of the best overall athletes in the draft. He's a great kid with a great family and a great pick for us at 15."
- Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
- Report: Diamondbacks in serious discussions about acquiring Angels outfielder Mark Trumbo
- Report: D-backs tried to land Yoenis Cespedes from A's in exchange for A.J. Pollock and Tyler Skaggs
- ESPN.com baseball writer Jerry Crasnick: D-backs trying to acquire elite starting pitcher this winter
- Rays acquire C Hanigan, RHP Bell in 3-team trade
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.