Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 5:19 pm
Daniel Hudson undergoes second Tommy John surgery
According to his wife Sara's Twitter account, everything went well.
Arizona manager Kirk Gibson echoed Mrs. Hudson's sentiments during his pre-game chat with the media.
"He had surgery, it was good," he said. "Everything was pretty clean. (Dr. James) Andrews did it, as you guys know and felt good about it. No complications."
Hudson re-injured his elbow June 4 during his first Minor League rehab start for the Mobile Bay Bears against Jacksonville.
The 26-year-old last pitched in the Majors June 26, 2012 in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
It's too early for a timetable predicting Hudson's return to the Diamondbacks, but the normal recovery period for Tommy John surgery is around one year.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.