Updated Jun 18, 2013 - 5:19 pm
Daniel Hudson undergoes second Tommy John surgery
According to his wife Sara's Twitter account, everything went well.
Arizona manager Kirk Gibson echoed Mrs. Hudson's sentiments during his pre-game chat with the media.
"He had surgery, it was good," he said. "Everything was pretty clean. (Dr. James) Andrews did it, as you guys know and felt good about it. No complications."
Hudson re-injured his elbow June 4 during his first Minor League rehab start for the Mobile Bay Bears against Jacksonville.
The 26-year-old last pitched in the Majors June 26, 2012 in an 8-1 loss to the Atlanta Braves.
It's too early for a timetable predicting Hudson's return to the Diamondbacks, but the normal recovery period for Tommy John surgery is around one year.
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Mark Trumbo to Diamondbacks in 3-team trade
- Mark Trumbo looking forward to new opportunity with Arizona Diamondbacks
- In final year of Gibson, Towers' contracts, D-backs going all in
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday October 30Tim Kurkjian talks about Game 6 of the World Series Wednesday.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 29The Red Sox are one win away from winning the World Series.