Deal creates large independent comic publisher
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A comic book publisher says it has acquired another firm in a move that creates one of the largest stables of characters and titles of any independent publisher.
BOOM! Studios said Monday that it acquired Archaia Entertainment, whose titles include "Mouse Guard" and "Fraggle Rock." BOOM! will continue publishing its comics and graphic novels under Archaia's own imprint as it expands its roster of titles and graphic novels.
BOOM! did not reveal the price paid for Archaia's intellectual property but says the deal gives a push to Archaia's titles because of BOOM!'s extensive marketing operations and outreach.
Ross Richie, who founded BOOM! and is its CEO, says plans are also in the works to reissue some Archaia works.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.