Deal creates large independent comic publisher
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A comic book publisher says it has acquired another firm in a move that creates one of the largest stables of characters and titles of any independent publisher.
BOOM! Studios said Monday that it acquired Archaia Entertainment, whose titles include "Mouse Guard" and "Fraggle Rock." BOOM! will continue publishing its comics and graphic novels under Archaia's own imprint as it expands its roster of titles and graphic novels.
BOOM! did not reveal the price paid for Archaia's intellectual property but says the deal gives a push to Archaia's titles because of BOOM!'s extensive marketing operations and outreach.
Ross Richie, who founded BOOM! and is its CEO, says plans are also in the works to reissue some Archaia works.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.