Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Woman accuses Chris Brown of injury-inducing assault
Gines claims that Brown violently shoved her to the ground. She suffered ligament tears in her right knee as a result of the fall, according to hospital doctors. The injury, she says, may require surgery to repair.
Gines allegedly filed a police report with the Anaheim Police Department, a report that a PD official partially substantiated, saying that a female filed a matching report from inside the Orange County club without disclosing the name of the individual.
Brown was in Anaheim for the Powerhouse 2013 event at the Honda Center. Nicole Perna, a Brown representative, told USA TODAY that Brown was an "easy target." Perna also added, "None of this makes sense. I'm unaware of the incident, as is (Brown's) lawyer and his entire team. He was in a great mood after Powerhouse."
Gines submitted a photo to TMZ in which she is using crutches and wearing a knee brace.
Brown has shown flashes of similar behavior in the past, after beating then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 and getting into a reported physical altercation with singer Frank Ocean at a recording studio.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.