Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Woman accuses Chris Brown of injury-inducing assault
Gines claims that Brown violently shoved her to the ground. She suffered ligament tears in her right knee as a result of the fall, according to hospital doctors. The injury, she says, may require surgery to repair.
Gines allegedly filed a police report with the Anaheim Police Department, a report that a PD official partially substantiated, saying that a female filed a matching report from inside the Orange County club without disclosing the name of the individual.
Brown was in Anaheim for the Powerhouse 2013 event at the Honda Center. Nicole Perna, a Brown representative, told USA TODAY that Brown was an "easy target." Perna also added, "None of this makes sense. I'm unaware of the incident, as is (Brown's) lawyer and his entire team. He was in a great mood after Powerhouse."
Gines submitted a photo to TMZ in which she is using crutches and wearing a knee brace.
Brown has shown flashes of similar behavior in the past, after beating then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 and getting into a reported physical altercation with singer Frank Ocean at a recording studio.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.