Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Woman accuses Chris Brown of injury-inducing assault
Gines claims that Brown violently shoved her to the ground. She suffered ligament tears in her right knee as a result of the fall, according to hospital doctors. The injury, she says, may require surgery to repair.
Gines allegedly filed a police report with the Anaheim Police Department, a report that a PD official partially substantiated, saying that a female filed a matching report from inside the Orange County club without disclosing the name of the individual.
Brown was in Anaheim for the Powerhouse 2013 event at the Honda Center. Nicole Perna, a Brown representative, told USA TODAY that Brown was an "easy target." Perna also added, "None of this makes sense. I'm unaware of the incident, as is (Brown's) lawyer and his entire team. He was in a great mood after Powerhouse."
Gines submitted a photo to TMZ in which she is using crutches and wearing a knee brace.
Brown has shown flashes of similar behavior in the past, after beating then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 and getting into a reported physical altercation with singer Frank Ocean at a recording studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.