Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Woman accuses Chris Brown of injury-inducing assault
Gines claims that Brown violently shoved her to the ground. She suffered ligament tears in her right knee as a result of the fall, according to hospital doctors. The injury, she says, may require surgery to repair.
Gines allegedly filed a police report with the Anaheim Police Department, a report that a PD official partially substantiated, saying that a female filed a matching report from inside the Orange County club without disclosing the name of the individual.
Brown was in Anaheim for the Powerhouse 2013 event at the Honda Center. Nicole Perna, a Brown representative, told USA TODAY that Brown was an "easy target." Perna also added, "None of this makes sense. I'm unaware of the incident, as is (Brown's) lawyer and his entire team. He was in a great mood after Powerhouse."
Gines submitted a photo to TMZ in which she is using crutches and wearing a knee brace.
Brown has shown flashes of similar behavior in the past, after beating then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 and getting into a reported physical altercation with singer Frank Ocean at a recording studio.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.