Updated Jun 24, 2013 - 2:07 pm
Woman accuses Chris Brown of injury-inducing assault
Gines claims that Brown violently shoved her to the ground. She suffered ligament tears in her right knee as a result of the fall, according to hospital doctors. The injury, she says, may require surgery to repair.
Gines allegedly filed a police report with the Anaheim Police Department, a report that a PD official partially substantiated, saying that a female filed a matching report from inside the Orange County club without disclosing the name of the individual.
Brown was in Anaheim for the Powerhouse 2013 event at the Honda Center. Nicole Perna, a Brown representative, told USA TODAY that Brown was an "easy target." Perna also added, "None of this makes sense. I'm unaware of the incident, as is (Brown's) lawyer and his entire team. He was in a great mood after Powerhouse."
Gines submitted a photo to TMZ in which she is using crutches and wearing a knee brace.
Brown has shown flashes of similar behavior in the past, after beating then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009 and getting into a reported physical altercation with singer Frank Ocean at a recording studio.
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.