Broadway's 'A Time to Kill' to close this month
NEW YORK (AP) - After some critical roasting and a constant box office slump, "A Time to Kill" will soon die on Broadway.
Producers of the courtroom drama, adapted from the best-selling novel by John Grisham, said Wednesday they'll close the show after the Nov. 17 performance.
The play centers on the mid-1980s trial of a black man accused of killing the two white men who attacked his daughter.
The cast includes Sebastian Arcelus, Tom Skerritt, John Douglas Thompson, Fred Dalton Thompson, Patrick Page, Tonya Pinkins and Ashley Williams.
It opened Oct. 20 to poor reviews and last week was half full and grossed just $215,431 of its $693,936 potential.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.