Publisher of Mitch Albom, Caroline Kennedy is sold
NEW YORK (AP) - Best sellers by Caroline Kennedy, Mitch Albom and Michael J. Fox are among more than 1,000 books published by Hyperion that have been acquired by Hachette Book Group.
Hachette announced Friday that it had purchased Hyperion, an imprint of Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Hyperion was once a steady source of popular works, such as novels by Albom and audio interviews of Jacqueline Kennedy that Caroline Kennedy helped approve for release. But in recent years, Disney has been focusing on books that can be tied to the company's television projects. Hachette had already been distributing Hyperion books.
Hachette also acquired the rights to some upcoming releases, including books by J.R. Moehringer and actor Ethan Hawke.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.