Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 7:16 pm
D-backs reinstate third baseman Eric Chavez from DL, Eric Hinske designated for assignment
Chavez, who was placed on the DL with a minor tear of his right oblique muscle June 2, played in three rehab games at Triple-A Reno, going 2-for-8 (.250) with two walks.
Before suffering his injury May 30 against the Texas Rangers, Chavez was hitting .325 with seven home runs and 25 RBI in 38 games.
Hinske, who signed a one-year deal with the D-backs back in December 2012, batted .173 with one home run and six RBI before Friday's release.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.