Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 7:16 pm
D-backs reinstate third baseman Eric Chavez from DL, Eric Hinske designated for assignment
Chavez, who was placed on the DL with a minor tear of his right oblique muscle June 2, played in three rehab games at Triple-A Reno, going 2-for-8 (.250) with two walks.
Before suffering his injury May 30 against the Texas Rangers, Chavez was hitting .325 with seven home runs and 25 RBI in 38 games.
Hinske, who signed a one-year deal with the D-backs back in December 2012, batted .173 with one home run and six RBI before Friday's release.
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.