Updated Jun 28, 2013 - 7:16 pm
D-backs reinstate third baseman Eric Chavez from DL, Eric Hinske designated for assignment
Chavez, who was placed on the DL with a minor tear of his right oblique muscle June 2, played in three rehab games at Triple-A Reno, going 2-for-8 (.250) with two walks.
Before suffering his injury May 30 against the Texas Rangers, Chavez was hitting .325 with seven home runs and 25 RBI in 38 games.
Hinske, who signed a one-year deal with the D-backs back in December 2012, batted .173 with one home run and six RBI before Friday's release.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.