Diamondbacks reinstate J.J. Putz from 15-day DL
The team has also optioned right-handed pitcher Zeke Spruill to Triple-A Reno.
Putz, 35, suffered a right elbow strain in a May 7 game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. In four rehab games with the Triple-A Reno team, the relief pitcher allowed 1 run over 4.0 innings, with 2 hits, 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
Putz has 5 saves over 9 opportunities with a 4.26 ERA in 14 games with the Diamondbacks so far this season.
Spruill, 23, appeared in four games in his first stint in the majors. He allowed 1 run and 4 hits over 4.1 innings and had 5 strikeouts for the Diamondbacks.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?