British royal couple given Finnish baby box
HELSINKI (AP) - A future British king or queen might spend some early hours sleeping in a cardboard box- if a maternity package donated by Finland's social security service proves a success.
The Nordic country has given a baby box to Prince William and former Catherine Middleton, who are expecting their first baby in mid-July.
The brightly colored cardboard box doubles as a cot, complete with mattress and sheets, and contains numerous baby items including a sleeping bag, jump suits, socks, pants, hats, bonnets and diapers. Maternity packages have been given to expectant mothers in Finland since 1938.
A spokesperson for the royal couple at Kensington Palace said Wednesday that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were "delighted" by their baby box, and that "it was a very thoughtful gesture and we're very grateful for it."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.