Updated Jul 3, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Diamondbacks place Bloomquist on DL, recall Tony Campana
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
Bloomquist, 35, was hit in the hand during a pinch-hit appearance one June 26 against the Nationals, but X-rays did not reveal a break. Battling injuries all season, the veteran has hit .292 with four doubles and eight RBI in 22 games for the D-backs.
Campana, 27, is one of the best base stealers in baseball. In two seasons with the Cubs, he stole 54 bases in 59 attempts. In 71 games with Reno this season, Campana hit .288 with 41 runs scored, eight doubles, three triples and one home run. He also stole 24 bases in 28 attempts.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.