Updated Jul 3, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Diamondbacks place Bloomquist on DL, recall Tony Campana
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
Bloomquist, 35, was hit in the hand during a pinch-hit appearance one June 26 against the Nationals, but X-rays did not reveal a break. Battling injuries all season, the veteran has hit .292 with four doubles and eight RBI in 22 games for the D-backs.
Campana, 27, is one of the best base stealers in baseball. In two seasons with the Cubs, he stole 54 bases in 59 attempts. In 71 games with Reno this season, Campana hit .288 with 41 runs scored, eight doubles, three triples and one home run. He also stole 24 bases in 28 attempts.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.