Updated Jul 3, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Diamondbacks place Bloomquist on DL, recall Tony Campana
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
Bloomquist, 35, was hit in the hand during a pinch-hit appearance one June 26 against the Nationals, but X-rays did not reveal a break. Battling injuries all season, the veteran has hit .292 with four doubles and eight RBI in 22 games for the D-backs.
Campana, 27, is one of the best base stealers in baseball. In two seasons with the Cubs, he stole 54 bases in 59 attempts. In 71 games with Reno this season, Campana hit .288 with 41 runs scored, eight doubles, three triples and one home run. He also stole 24 bases in 28 attempts.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.