Updated Jul 3, 2013 - 12:35 pm
Diamondbacks place Bloomquist on DL, recall Tony Campana
In a corresponding move, the team has recalled outfielder Tony Campana from Triple-A Reno.
Bloomquist, 35, was hit in the hand during a pinch-hit appearance one June 26 against the Nationals, but X-rays did not reveal a break. Battling injuries all season, the veteran has hit .292 with four doubles and eight RBI in 22 games for the D-backs.
Campana, 27, is one of the best base stealers in baseball. In two seasons with the Cubs, he stole 54 bases in 59 attempts. In 71 games with Reno this season, Campana hit .288 with 41 runs scored, eight doubles, three triples and one home run. He also stole 24 bases in 28 attempts.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.