Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 1:07 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation boosts Yarnell donations with additional $100K pledge
On Friday, the foundation -- the designated charitable arm of the Arizona Diamondbacks -- announced in an official press release that it was extending an identical pledge, matching the donations of fans during the upcoming 10-game homestand.
"The generosity of our fans over the past four days has been truly inspirational," said Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall. "Our fans keep asking how they can help the families of Yarnell and Prescott and we thought it was only appropriate given our social responsibility to the community to continue to match their contributions for another $100,000."
The foundation encourages fans to donate online throughout the homestand at dbacks.com/19. Also, fans in attendance during the homestand will have opportunities to donate to the cause by playing in the 50/50 Raffle or participating in the memorabilia auctions at the Chase Field team store.
Fans who donate $19 or more will be entered for a chance to win a team-signed home white jersey with the name "Yarnell" and the No. 19 on the back.
Throughout the weekend series against the Rockies, the D-backs are offering 50 percent off ticket prices for all military active duty, reserve, retired and veterans, as well as active and retired fire and police personnel with a valid ID.
- Kurkjian: Trumbo ‘absolutely' worth a shot for D-backs
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Thursday December 12Did the D-backs pick up a true power hitter?
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.