Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 1:07 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation boosts Yarnell donations with additional $100K pledge
On Friday, the foundation -- the designated charitable arm of the Arizona Diamondbacks -- announced in an official press release that it was extending an identical pledge, matching the donations of fans during the upcoming 10-game homestand.
"The generosity of our fans over the past four days has been truly inspirational," said Diamondbacks President and CEO Derrick Hall. "Our fans keep asking how they can help the families of Yarnell and Prescott and we thought it was only appropriate given our social responsibility to the community to continue to match their contributions for another $100,000."
The foundation encourages fans to donate online throughout the homestand at dbacks.com/19. Also, fans in attendance during the homestand will have opportunities to donate to the cause by playing in the 50/50 Raffle or participating in the memorabilia auctions at the Chase Field team store.
Fans who donate $19 or more will be entered for a chance to win a team-signed home white jersey with the name "Yarnell" and the No. 19 on the back.
Throughout the weekend series against the Rockies, the D-backs are offering 50 percent off ticket prices for all military active duty, reserve, retired and veterans, as well as active and retired fire and police personnel with a valid ID.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.