Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 2:32 pm
A look at the Diamondbacks and Dodgers since June 11 brawl
But for the four weeks since the now infamous Diamondbacks-Dodgers brawl, many perceived major momentum changes for both teams -- a negative one for those donning Sedona red and a positive one for the boys in blue.
In fact, until the Diamondbacks turned things around over the last five games, their post-brawl record sat at 6-12. Meanwhile, the Dodgers broke used the melee to break out of their early season funk, clambering from the bottom of the division to second place in the National League West with the help of a 14-9 record since the episode and 12-4 in their last 16 games.
"(The brawl) had a reverse effect for both us and the Dodgers," former Diamondbacks great Luis Gonzalez said last week on Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf show. "I mean, the Dodgers were going the other way, but they had the fight and now they've regrouped and they seem to be playing well.
"And for us, we've kind of sputtered a little."
It's likely that, more than the fight itself, both teams have most benefited from the return of key players. With the already-emerging Yasiel Puig fueling their lineup, the Dodgers have returned Hanley Ramirez, Matt Kemp and Carl Crawford to their everyday lineup since the brawl. They also acquired former Marlins' right-hander Ricky Nolasco, who will make his first start for the Dodgers on Tuesday.
The Diamondbacks, meanwhile, have regained Aaron Hill and Eric Chavez while benefitting from quality starting pitching from both Randall Delgado and Tyler Skaggs, who weren't on the 25-man roster back on June 11.
- Monday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' RHP Randall Delgado (1-2; 3.67 ERA) vs. Dodgers' RHP Zack Greinke (6-2; 4.30 ERA)
- Tuesday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' RHP Ian Kennedy (3-4; 5.16) vs. Dodgers' RHP Ricky Nolasco (5-8; 3.85)
- Wednesday, 6:40 PM at Chase Field: D-backs' LHP Tyler Skaggs (2-1; 3.65) vs. Dodgers' Hyun-Jin Ryu (7-3; 2;82)
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?