Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 11:04 am
D-backs to give out gold Paul Goldschmidt bobbleheads
The first baseman leads the National League with 74 RBI heading into Tuesday's game with the Los Angeles Dodgers and ranks in the top ten in batting average and home runs.
Next week, he'll play in his first MLB All-Star Game at Citi Field in New York. And later this season, he'll receive another honor.
Saturday, August 10, when the D-backs host the New York Mets, Goldschmidt will be immortalized in bobblehead form. The first 25,000 fans through the turnstiles at Chase Field will get the bobblehead, and some will receive one that's a little different from the rest.
D-backs broadcaster Steve Berthiaume tweeted out a picture of the collectible, which actually looks more like a trophy (think Oscar swinging for the fences) than it does a bobblehead.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.