Updated Jul 9, 2013 - 11:04 am
D-backs to give out gold Paul Goldschmidt bobbleheads
The first baseman leads the National League with 74 RBI heading into Tuesday's game with the Los Angeles Dodgers and ranks in the top ten in batting average and home runs.
Next week, he'll play in his first MLB All-Star Game at Citi Field in New York. And later this season, he'll receive another honor.
Saturday, August 10, when the D-backs host the New York Mets, Goldschmidt will be immortalized in bobblehead form. The first 25,000 fans through the turnstiles at Chase Field will get the bobblehead, and some will receive one that's a little different from the rest.
D-backs broadcaster Steve Berthiaume tweeted out a picture of the collectible, which actually looks more like a trophy (think Oscar swinging for the fences) than it does a bobblehead.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.