Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 12:23 am
D-backs' Eaton activated, goes 0-for-4 with costly fielding error
The 24-year-old later made his 2013 debut with the Diamondbacks, getting the nod in center field and batting leadoff. He went 0-for-4 with a strikeout and a costly fourth-inning error on a routine fly ball to deep center field, which allowed two runs to score in the Diamondbacks' 6-1 loss to the Dodgers.
Eaton's inclusion in the Diamondbacks' lineup was highly anticipated after he recorded a .382 on-base percentage in 22 games with the team last season.
The speedy outfielder has been on the disabled list all season, after suffering an injury to his throwing arm elbow during spring training in March. He was batting .390 in Cactus League play before the injury.
Eaton was viewed as the Diamondbacks' future leadoff man, largely due to his minor league exploits. In 119 games with Triple-A Reno last season, the left-handed hitting outfielder tallied a .381/ .456/ .539 slash line with 38 stolen bases and 119 runs scored.
Not how we drew that one up. A lot games left! We gotta come back strong tomorrow! #WinTheWest— Adam Eaton (@AdamSpankyEaton) July 10, 2013
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.