Ex-Fla. Gov. Crist is writing book critical of GOP
NEW YORK (AP) - Charlie Crist, the former Florida governor who switched from the Republican Party to Democrat, is working on a book that strongly criticizes the GOP's conservative policies.
Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Random House, announced Wednesday it had acquired Crist's "The Party's Over: How the Extreme Right Hijacked the GOP and I became a Democrat." The book is scheduled to be published in early 2014.
According to Dutton, Crist will offer "very frank" opinions on Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush and other big-name Republicans.
Crist was a Republican when elected governor. He served from 2007 to 2011. But he became increasingly estranged from his party. In 2010, he ran as an independent in a three-way U.S. Senate race won by Republican Marco Rubio. Crist became a Democrat in 2012.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.