Ex-Fla. Gov. Crist is writing book critical of GOP
NEW YORK (AP) - Charlie Crist, the former Florida governor who switched from the Republican Party to Democrat, is working on a book that strongly criticizes the GOP's conservative policies.
Dutton, an imprint of Penguin Random House, announced Wednesday it had acquired Crist's "The Party's Over: How the Extreme Right Hijacked the GOP and I became a Democrat." The book is scheduled to be published in early 2014.
According to Dutton, Crist will offer "very frank" opinions on Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush and other big-name Republicans.
Crist was a Republican when elected governor. He served from 2007 to 2011. But he became increasingly estranged from his party. In 2010, he ran as an independent in a three-way U.S. Senate race won by Republican Marco Rubio. Crist became a Democrat in 2012.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.