Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:35 pm
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson does not mind Yasiel Puig's antics
Puig is hitting .394 with eight home runs and 19 RBI, while helping the Dodgers get back into the pennant race.
While Puig is beating up on Major League pitching, some D-backs players are not happy with the antics of the Cuban phenom.
Miguel Montero criticized Puig earlier in the day, and pitcher Ian Kennedy went as far as to call Puig "arrogant" after last night's game.
One person who does not mind the Dodgers rookie is Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson.
"I still rub people the wrong way," Gibson semi-jokingly stated before Wednesday's game. "People in today's society always worry about someone else and I got no problem with him.
"He is just playing, some people say he doesn't know any better, well why would he know any better? He hasn't even been here that long, so give him a break"
Puig, who defected from Cuba prior to this season, signed a seven-year, $42 million contract just last summer.
"He is kicking everyone's ass so people are jealous of him," Gibson stated. "We are just trying to figure out a way to get him out tonight.
"I'm not offended by any of it and I think the way he plays is awesome."
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.