Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:35 pm
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson does not mind Yasiel Puig's antics
Puig is hitting .394 with eight home runs and 19 RBI, while helping the Dodgers get back into the pennant race.
While Puig is beating up on Major League pitching, some D-backs players are not happy with the antics of the Cuban phenom.
Miguel Montero criticized Puig earlier in the day, and pitcher Ian Kennedy went as far as to call Puig "arrogant" after last night's game.
One person who does not mind the Dodgers rookie is Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson.
"I still rub people the wrong way," Gibson semi-jokingly stated before Wednesday's game. "People in today's society always worry about someone else and I got no problem with him.
"He is just playing, some people say he doesn't know any better, well why would he know any better? He hasn't even been here that long, so give him a break"
Puig, who defected from Cuba prior to this season, signed a seven-year, $42 million contract just last summer.
"He is kicking everyone's ass so people are jealous of him," Gibson stated. "We are just trying to figure out a way to get him out tonight.
"I'm not offended by any of it and I think the way he plays is awesome."
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.