Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:35 pm
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson does not mind Yasiel Puig's antics
Puig is hitting .394 with eight home runs and 19 RBI, while helping the Dodgers get back into the pennant race.
While Puig is beating up on Major League pitching, some D-backs players are not happy with the antics of the Cuban phenom.
Miguel Montero criticized Puig earlier in the day, and pitcher Ian Kennedy went as far as to call Puig "arrogant" after last night's game.
One person who does not mind the Dodgers rookie is Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson.
"I still rub people the wrong way," Gibson semi-jokingly stated before Wednesday's game. "People in today's society always worry about someone else and I got no problem with him.
"He is just playing, some people say he doesn't know any better, well why would he know any better? He hasn't even been here that long, so give him a break"
Puig, who defected from Cuba prior to this season, signed a seven-year, $42 million contract just last summer.
"He is kicking everyone's ass so people are jealous of him," Gibson stated. "We are just trying to figure out a way to get him out tonight.
"I'm not offended by any of it and I think the way he plays is awesome."
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?