Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 11:35 pm
D-backs manager Kirk Gibson does not mind Yasiel Puig's antics
Puig is hitting .394 with eight home runs and 19 RBI, while helping the Dodgers get back into the pennant race.
While Puig is beating up on Major League pitching, some D-backs players are not happy with the antics of the Cuban phenom.
Miguel Montero criticized Puig earlier in the day, and pitcher Ian Kennedy went as far as to call Puig "arrogant" after last night's game.
One person who does not mind the Dodgers rookie is Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson.
"I still rub people the wrong way," Gibson semi-jokingly stated before Wednesday's game. "People in today's society always worry about someone else and I got no problem with him.
"He is just playing, some people say he doesn't know any better, well why would he know any better? He hasn't even been here that long, so give him a break"
Puig, who defected from Cuba prior to this season, signed a seven-year, $42 million contract just last summer.
"He is kicking everyone's ass so people are jealous of him," Gibson stated. "We are just trying to figure out a way to get him out tonight.
"I'm not offended by any of it and I think the way he plays is awesome."
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.