Updated Jul 10, 2013 - 7:13 pm
Gibson on Putz: 'This is a work in progress'
Putz has pitched in five games since his return from the disabled list allowing one earned run off two hits in 3.2 innings. He has struck out two and walked one.
Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson gave his thoughts of where Putz's arm strength was prior to Wednesday night's game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
"He threw the ball good (last night) and is throwing better every time out," Gibson stated. "Velocity is good, slider is really good and he is keeping the ball down."
The closer blew his first save chance last week against the New York Mets and was demoted to set-up duties until his arm strength fully returned.
"I didn't say that," Gibson stated about if Putz would return to closing duties. "This is a work in progress."
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.