Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 8:12 am
D-backs option Skaggs to Single-A, recall De La Rosa
The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned Tyler Skaggs to Single-A Visalia and recalled Eury De La Rosa from Triple-A Reno.
"It's just the best place to keep him on turn right now," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said of the young left-hander Thursday. "We'll move him after that, wherever he may go."
Skaggs has started five games for the D-backs this season, including Wednesday night in the team's 14-inning loss to the Dodgers. He went 4.1 innings, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs.
He is 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA.
In 13 Minor League games this season -- all at Triple-A Reno -- Skaggs is 6-6 with a 4.26 ERA in 76 innings of work.
De La Rosa, a left-handed pitcher, will be making his Major League debut. In 37 appearances in Reno he was 1-4 with a 5.14 ERA. He has 45 strikeouts.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.