Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 8:12 am
D-backs option Skaggs to Single-A, recall De La Rosa
The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned Tyler Skaggs to Single-A Visalia and recalled Eury De La Rosa from Triple-A Reno.
"It's just the best place to keep him on turn right now," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said of the young left-hander Thursday. "We'll move him after that, wherever he may go."
Skaggs has started five games for the D-backs this season, including Wednesday night in the team's 14-inning loss to the Dodgers. He went 4.1 innings, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs.
He is 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA.
In 13 Minor League games this season -- all at Triple-A Reno -- Skaggs is 6-6 with a 4.26 ERA in 76 innings of work.
De La Rosa, a left-handed pitcher, will be making his Major League debut. In 37 appearances in Reno he was 1-4 with a 5.14 ERA. He has 45 strikeouts.
- D-backs select pitchers Marcos Mateo, Michael Lee and Hector Hernandez in Rule 5 Draft
- The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
- Mark Trumbo trade looks like another admission of a previous mistake
- Mark Trumbo 'super excited' to stick in left field with the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Mark Trumbo, Diamondbacks Outfielder - Wednesday December 11Mark Trumbo joins the show to discuss being traded to the Diamondbacks.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.