Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 8:12 am
D-backs option Skaggs to Single-A, recall De La Rosa
The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned Tyler Skaggs to Single-A Visalia and recalled Eury De La Rosa from Triple-A Reno.
"It's just the best place to keep him on turn right now," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said of the young left-hander Thursday. "We'll move him after that, wherever he may go."
Skaggs has started five games for the D-backs this season, including Wednesday night in the team's 14-inning loss to the Dodgers. He went 4.1 innings, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs.
He is 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA.
In 13 Minor League games this season -- all at Triple-A Reno -- Skaggs is 6-6 with a 4.26 ERA in 76 innings of work.
De La Rosa, a left-handed pitcher, will be making his Major League debut. In 37 appearances in Reno he was 1-4 with a 5.14 ERA. He has 45 strikeouts.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?