Updated Jul 12, 2013 - 8:12 am
D-backs option Skaggs to Single-A, recall De La Rosa
The Arizona Diamondbacks have optioned Tyler Skaggs to Single-A Visalia and recalled Eury De La Rosa from Triple-A Reno.
"It's just the best place to keep him on turn right now," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said of the young left-hander Thursday. "We'll move him after that, wherever he may go."
Skaggs has started five games for the D-backs this season, including Wednesday night in the team's 14-inning loss to the Dodgers. He went 4.1 innings, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs.
He is 2-1 with a 4.03 ERA.
In 13 Minor League games this season -- all at Triple-A Reno -- Skaggs is 6-6 with a 4.26 ERA in 76 innings of work.
De La Rosa, a left-handed pitcher, will be making his Major League debut. In 37 appearances in Reno he was 1-4 with a 5.14 ERA. He has 45 strikeouts.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.