2nd thriller due from Rowling alter ego Galbraith
LONDON (AP) - J.K. Rowling is back with a novel involving a writer whose acid-tipped pen may have led to murder.
Publisher Little, Brown said Monday that it is publishing a second book by Robert Galbraith, the "Harry Potter" author's thriller-writing pseudonym.
"The Silkworm" sees the return of detective Cormoran Strike, the ex-soldier hero introduced in "The Cuckoo's Calling." In the new book, Strike investigates the disappearance of a novelist who has written a book that features scathing descriptions of real people.
"The Cuckoo's Calling" initially attracted little notice when it was published last year, but rocketed up the charts once Rowling was exposed as its author.
A lawyer has been fined for letting slip the writer's identity.
"The Silkworm" will be published June 19 in Britain and June 24 in the U.S.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Martin Prado to New York Yankees
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.