2nd thriller due from Rowling alter ego Galbraith
LONDON (AP) - J.K. Rowling is back with a novel involving a writer whose acid-tipped pen may have led to murder.
Publisher Little, Brown said Monday that it is publishing a second book by Robert Galbraith, the "Harry Potter" author's thriller-writing pseudonym.
"The Silkworm" sees the return of detective Cormoran Strike, the ex-soldier hero introduced in "The Cuckoo's Calling." In the new book, Strike investigates the disappearance of a novelist who has written a book that features scathing descriptions of real people.
"The Cuckoo's Calling" initially attracted little notice when it was published last year, but rocketed up the charts once Rowling was exposed as its author.
A lawyer has been fined for letting slip the writer's identity.
"The Silkworm" will be published June 19 in Britain and June 24 in the U.S.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.