2nd thriller due from Rowling alter ego Galbraith
LONDON (AP) - J.K. Rowling is back with a novel involving a writer whose acid-tipped pen may have led to murder.
Publisher Little, Brown said Monday that it is publishing a second book by Robert Galbraith, the "Harry Potter" author's thriller-writing pseudonym.
"The Silkworm" sees the return of detective Cormoran Strike, the ex-soldier hero introduced in "The Cuckoo's Calling." In the new book, Strike investigates the disappearance of a novelist who has written a book that features scathing descriptions of real people.
"The Cuckoo's Calling" initially attracted little notice when it was published last year, but rocketed up the charts once Rowling was exposed as its author.
A lawyer has been fined for letting slip the writer's identity.
"The Silkworm" will be published June 19 in Britain and June 24 in the U.S.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.