Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 11:56 am
Brandon McCarthy to begin rehab assignment after Sunday simulated game
The simulation will be McCarthy's second such outing since being placed on the disabled list on May 31 with right shoulder inflammation. The right-hander also threw a bullpen session on Thursday, July 11.
Ten days after being placed on the Diamondbacks' 15-day DL, McCarthy suffered a seizure that was linked to the head injury he suffered in September, while playing for the Oakland Athletics. The incident was not considered a setback in the pitcher's shoulder injury recovery.
The right-hander will throw 60-65 pitches in Sunday's outing, de St. Aubin reports.
McCarthy throwing today & likely heading to Reno in next 5-6 days if all goes well.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.