Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 11:56 am
Brandon McCarthy to begin rehab assignment after Sunday simulated game
The simulation will be McCarthy's second such outing since being placed on the disabled list on May 31 with right shoulder inflammation. The right-hander also threw a bullpen session on Thursday, July 11.
Ten days after being placed on the Diamondbacks' 15-day DL, McCarthy suffered a seizure that was linked to the head injury he suffered in September, while playing for the Oakland Athletics. The incident was not considered a setback in the pitcher's shoulder injury recovery.
The right-hander will throw 60-65 pitches in Sunday's outing, de St. Aubin reports.
McCarthy throwing today & likely heading to Reno in next 5-6 days if all goes well.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- MLB insider on Diamondbacks: 'It's as if they've never seen Mark Trumbo play'
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.