Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 11:56 am
Brandon McCarthy to begin rehab assignment after Sunday simulated game
The simulation will be McCarthy's second such outing since being placed on the disabled list on May 31 with right shoulder inflammation. The right-hander also threw a bullpen session on Thursday, July 11.
Ten days after being placed on the Diamondbacks' 15-day DL, McCarthy suffered a seizure that was linked to the head injury he suffered in September, while playing for the Oakland Athletics. The incident was not considered a setback in the pitcher's shoulder injury recovery.
The right-hander will throw 60-65 pitches in Sunday's outing, de St. Aubin reports.
McCarthy throwing today & likely heading to Reno in next 5-6 days if all goes well.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- Beckett, Puig silence D-backs in series-clinching win for Dodgers: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Bolsinger struggles in first career start
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks
- D-backs lose early lead, fall to Dodgers: By The Numbers
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.