Updated Jul 14, 2013 - 12:21 pm
D-backs' manager: Kennedy, Miley, Delgado will top second-half rotation
Kennedy, the Diamondbacks' Opening Day starter, has compiled a 3-5 win-loss record and a 5.08 ERA heading into the team's final game of the first half, which the right-hander is slated to start.
Left-hander Miley was originally slated as the team's No. 4 starter, despite garnering recognition as the National League's runner-up for Rookie of the Year in 2012. He brings a 6-7 record and 4.31 ERA into the second half of the season. In three July starts, Miley has a 2-0 record and a 1.66 ERA, thanks to back-to-back eight-inning outings and a 3.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio on the month.
Delgado was left off the Diamondbacks' 25-man roster after spring training, losing contention for the No. 5 starter spot to first-half sensation Patrick Corbin. In three separate stints with the big league club this season, the right-hander has gone 1-3 with a 3.65 ERA over seven starts.
Last week, Gibson announced that Corbin would be pushed back in the second-half rotation as a result of his high volume of innings pitched early in the season and his inclusion on the NL All-Star team.
Gibby says 3 starters after break vs SF likely Kennedy Miley Delgado— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) July 14, 2013
- Trumbo, Anderson dealt as winter meetings pick up
- Arizona Diamondbacks' GM Kevin Towers on why he traded Tyler Skaggs
- MLB insider on Diamondbacks: 'It's as if they've never seen Mark Trumbo play'
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Mark Trumbo: By the numbers
- Mark Trumbo has weaknesses, but he's a good fit with the Diamondbacks
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday December 11Why did the D-backs add Mark Trumbo and will they make more moves?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Wednesday December 11Law explains why the D-backs trade for Mark Trumbo will not work.
- Ken Kendrick, Arizona Diamondbacks Owner - Friday November 22Kendrick joins the show to talk about the Diamondbacks' offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday November 21Kirk Gibson says he thinks the Diamondbacks will win a World Series in Arizona.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Analyst - Wednesday November 6Tim Kurkjian talks MLB free agency and off-season moves.