Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 1:34 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks raise $705,395 for Yarnell relief effort
The D-backs, through various fundraising efforts spanning from July 2 to the end of the team's 10-game homestand on July 14, raised $705,395 -- which will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the Yarnell rebuilding efforts.
The team's 50/50 raffle contest raised $354,061 during the homestand -- $177,031 going to the raffle winners and $177,031 benefitting the charities -- including a record-high $100,000 during a July 5 contest against the Colorado Rockies.
In addition to the 50/50 raffle, more than 5,000 D-backs fans donated $252,364 to the relief effort on the team's website. The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation added to the overall total ($452,364) with a matching grant of $200,000.
Through the dbacks.com/auctions, the team raised an additional $76,000. Among the items auctioned off for fans were game-worn and autographed black "Arizona" tribute jerseys that the players and coaches wore throughout the 10-game homestand and autographed player and coaches nameplates that feature the "19" logo.
While the team's homestand came to end Sunday, its fundraising efforts have not. For the remainder of the 2013 season, D-backs fans can purchase black "Arizona" tribute jerseys for $28 at the Chase Field Team Shop. The T-shirts will be on sale beginning July 22 and all proceeds will also benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the rebuilding efforts.
- D-backs Henry Blanco wants to coach after playing career
- Bronson Arroyo feeling better since scratched spring start
- Opening Series uniform patch revealed for Diamondbacks, Dodgers games in Australia
- D-backs' Chris Owings likely to don Sedona red on his first trip abroad
- D-backs' Archie Bradley struggles in third Cactus League start
- Ferguson Jenkins, Hall of Fame pitcher - Friday March 14How has baseball changed?
- Henry Blanco, Diamondbacks catcher - Thursday March 13Henry Blanco talks about his efforts to make the Diamondbacks roster.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Thursday March 13Archie Bradley reacts to his first rocky start of spring training.
- Tom Verducci, Sports Illustrated MLB writer - Thursday March 13Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated previews the 2014 Diamondbacks season.
- Chris Owings, Diamondbacks shortstop - Thursday March 13Chris Owings talks about the position battle at shortstop between himself and Didi Gregorius.
- J.J. Putz, Diamondbacks relief pitcher - Thursday March 13Diamondbacks reliever J.J. Putz discusses the team's upcoming trip to Australia.
- Kevin Towers, Diamondbacks GM - Thursday March 13Kevin Towers discusses the battle at shortstop.