Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 1:34 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks raise $705,395 for Yarnell relief effort
The D-backs, through various fundraising efforts spanning from July 2 to the end of the team's 10-game homestand on July 14, raised $705,395 -- which will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the Yarnell rebuilding efforts.
The team's 50/50 raffle contest raised $354,061 during the homestand -- $177,031 going to the raffle winners and $177,031 benefitting the charities -- including a record-high $100,000 during a July 5 contest against the Colorado Rockies.
In addition to the 50/50 raffle, more than 5,000 D-backs fans donated $252,364 to the relief effort on the team's website. The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation added to the overall total ($452,364) with a matching grant of $200,000.
Through the dbacks.com/auctions, the team raised an additional $76,000. Among the items auctioned off for fans were game-worn and autographed black "Arizona" tribute jerseys that the players and coaches wore throughout the 10-game homestand and autographed player and coaches nameplates that feature the "19" logo.
While the team's homestand came to end Sunday, its fundraising efforts have not. For the remainder of the 2013 season, D-backs fans can purchase black "Arizona" tribute jerseys for $28 at the Chase Field Team Shop. The T-shirts will be on sale beginning July 22 and all proceeds will also benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the rebuilding efforts.
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
- Diamondbacks' Mark Trumbo out indefinitely with stress fracture in foot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.