Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 1:34 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks raise $705,395 for Yarnell relief effort
The D-backs, through various fundraising efforts spanning from July 2 to the end of the team's 10-game homestand on July 14, raised $705,395 -- which will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the Yarnell rebuilding efforts.
The team's 50/50 raffle contest raised $354,061 during the homestand -- $177,031 going to the raffle winners and $177,031 benefitting the charities -- including a record-high $100,000 during a July 5 contest against the Colorado Rockies.
In addition to the 50/50 raffle, more than 5,000 D-backs fans donated $252,364 to the relief effort on the team's website. The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation added to the overall total ($452,364) with a matching grant of $200,000.
Through the dbacks.com/auctions, the team raised an additional $76,000. Among the items auctioned off for fans were game-worn and autographed black "Arizona" tribute jerseys that the players and coaches wore throughout the 10-game homestand and autographed player and coaches nameplates that feature the "19" logo.
While the team's homestand came to end Sunday, its fundraising efforts have not. For the remainder of the 2013 season, D-backs fans can purchase black "Arizona" tribute jerseys for $28 at the Chase Field Team Shop. The T-shirts will be on sale beginning July 22 and all proceeds will also benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the rebuilding efforts.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.