Updated Jul 15, 2013 - 1:34 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks raise $705,395 for Yarnell relief effort
The D-backs, through various fundraising efforts spanning from July 2 to the end of the team's 10-game homestand on July 14, raised $705,395 -- which will benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the Yarnell rebuilding efforts.
The team's 50/50 raffle contest raised $354,061 during the homestand -- $177,031 going to the raffle winners and $177,031 benefitting the charities -- including a record-high $100,000 during a July 5 contest against the Colorado Rockies.
In addition to the 50/50 raffle, more than 5,000 D-backs fans donated $252,364 to the relief effort on the team's website. The Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation added to the overall total ($452,364) with a matching grant of $200,000.
Through the dbacks.com/auctions, the team raised an additional $76,000. Among the items auctioned off for fans were game-worn and autographed black "Arizona" tribute jerseys that the players and coaches wore throughout the 10-game homestand and autographed player and coaches nameplates that feature the "19" logo.
While the team's homestand came to end Sunday, its fundraising efforts have not. For the remainder of the 2013 season, D-backs fans can purchase black "Arizona" tribute jerseys for $28 at the Chase Field Team Shop. The T-shirts will be on sale beginning July 22 and all proceeds will also benefit the 100 Club of Arizona, American Red Cross, Prescott Firefighters Charities and other charities assisting in the rebuilding efforts.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?