Reno's Matt Davidson wins Minor League Home Run Derby
Sunday, Davidson clubbed a two-run homer helping the U.S. Team to a 4-2 win over the World Team at the MLB All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Monday night, Davidson showed off his power again, winning the IGT Home Run Derby at Aces Ballpark in Reno, Nevada over St. Louis prospect Brock Peterson.
Davidson hit four homers in the first round and two more in the second to advance to the final against Peterson, where he hit four more.
For the season, Davidson has 14 home runs in 344 at-bats -- second on Reno's roster and tied for ninth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
The 22-year-old will participate in the Triple-A All-Star Game Tuesday night in Reno.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.