Reno's Matt Davidson wins Minor League Home Run Derby
Sunday, Davidson clubbed a two-run homer helping the U.S. Team to a 4-2 win over the World Team at the MLB All-Star Futures Game at Citi Field.
Monday night, Davidson showed off his power again, winning the IGT Home Run Derby at Aces Ballpark in Reno, Nevada over St. Louis prospect Brock Peterson.
Davidson hit four homers in the first round and two more in the second to advance to the final against Peterson, where he hit four more.
For the season, Davidson has 14 home runs in 344 at-bats -- second on Reno's roster and tied for ninth-best in the Pacific Coast League.
The 22-year-old will participate in the Triple-A All-Star Game Tuesday night in Reno.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?