D-backs' Patrick Corbin suffers loss in first All-Star appearance
First-time All-Star and New York native Patrick Corbin got to fulfill a lifelong dream when he took the mound in Tuesday's All-Star Game.
Unfortunately for Corbin, his All-Star experience didn't end the way he anticipated.
Corbin, who went 11-1 with a 2.35 ERA in the season's first half for Arizona, entered a scoreless game in the fourth inning for the National League.
The D-backs' southpaw allowed a leadoff double to Tigers' superstar Miguel Cabrera, followed by a single to Orioles' first baseman Chris Davis. The 22-year-old was able to minimize the damage by getting Blue Jays' right-fielder Jose Bautista to fly out and Red Sox's DH David Ortiz to ground into an inning-ending double play.
Bautista's sacrifice fly netted the game's first run.
Corbin allowed one run on two hits with no strikeouts or walks in his only inning of work.
The National League couldn't muster any offense to bail Corbin out, as the American League went on to win 3-0, handing the D-backs' hurler the hard-luck loss.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.