D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt makes his All-Star Game debut
Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt made his debut in the MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday night.
Goldschmidt entered the game in the fifth inning to replace Cincinnati Reds' first baseman Joey Votto and played the remainder of the game.
In two at-bats, Goldschmidt went 1-for-2 with a double.
Baltimore Orioles' third baseman Manny Machado robbed Goldschmidt of a hit in his first at-bat in the seventh. Machado fielded the ball deep in the hole at third and used his strong arm to nab the D-backs' slugger by a step.
Goldschmidt's last at-bat resulted in an opposite field double off the wall. The NL was down to their final out when the game was kept alive by Goldschmidt's extra-base hit.
The American League defeated the National League 3-0 in the 84th Midsummer Classic.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.