Rainn Wilson of 'The Office' lands book deal
The New York Times reported that former Office star Rainn Wilson has struck a publishing deal to write a book about his life.
Wilson later confirmed the news on Twitter.
The publisher describes the book as, "Wilson's journey from nerd to drama geek, his period of 'mild debauchery' as a young actor in New York, and his years on 'The Office.'"
But make sure you don't call it a "memoir," because despite what his publisher says, the 47-year-old comedian refuses to label it as such.
"If I were in my 80s, had cured a disease and survived a war, I would be entitled to write a memoir," Wilson said in a statement.
"No. The guy who is best known for playing a paper salesman with a bad haircut, tweeting fart jokes and starting a quirky spirituality Web site does not merit a ‘memoir.'"
The "non-memoir" is slated to land on bookshelves in 2014.
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.