Rainn Wilson of 'The Office' lands book deal
The New York Times reported that former Office star Rainn Wilson has struck a publishing deal to write a book about his life.
Wilson later confirmed the news on Twitter.
The publisher describes the book as, "Wilson's journey from nerd to drama geek, his period of 'mild debauchery' as a young actor in New York, and his years on 'The Office.'"
But make sure you don't call it a "memoir," because despite what his publisher says, the 47-year-old comedian refuses to label it as such.
"If I were in my 80s, had cured a disease and survived a war, I would be entitled to write a memoir," Wilson said in a statement.
"No. The guy who is best known for playing a paper salesman with a bad haircut, tweeting fart jokes and starting a quirky spirituality Web site does not merit a ‘memoir.'"
The "non-memoir" is slated to land on bookshelves in 2014.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.