Rainn Wilson of 'The Office' lands book deal
The New York Times reported that former Office star Rainn Wilson has struck a publishing deal to write a book about his life.
Wilson later confirmed the news on Twitter.
The publisher describes the book as, "Wilson's journey from nerd to drama geek, his period of 'mild debauchery' as a young actor in New York, and his years on 'The Office.'"
But make sure you don't call it a "memoir," because despite what his publisher says, the 47-year-old comedian refuses to label it as such.
"If I were in my 80s, had cured a disease and survived a war, I would be entitled to write a memoir," Wilson said in a statement.
"No. The guy who is best known for playing a paper salesman with a bad haircut, tweeting fart jokes and starting a quirky spirituality Web site does not merit a ‘memoir.'"
The "non-memoir" is slated to land on bookshelves in 2014.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.