Updated Jul 19, 2013 - 3:19 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire reliever Shawn Camp
Friday, the team made a minor move with an eye towards improving its beleaguered relief staff.
According to the Pacific Coast League's transactions page, the D-backs acquired 37-year-old Shawn Camp.
Camp, who was 1-1 with a 7.04 ERA in 23 appearances with the Chicago Cubs this season, was assigned to Triple-A Reno.
The veteran right-hander was released by the Cubs July 9, less than a year after he went 3-6 with a 3.59 ERA in a National League-high 80 relief appearances.
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.