Updated Jul 19, 2013 - 3:19 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks acquire reliever Shawn Camp
Friday, the team made a minor move with an eye towards improving its beleaguered relief staff.
According to the Pacific Coast League's transactions page, the D-backs acquired 37-year-old Shawn Camp.
Camp, who was 1-1 with a 7.04 ERA in 23 appearances with the Chicago Cubs this season, was assigned to Triple-A Reno.
The veteran right-hander was released by the Cubs July 9, less than a year after he went 3-6 with a 3.59 ERA in a National League-high 80 relief appearances.
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?