Inspectors at Ohio amusement park where 7 got hurt
SANDUSKY, Ohio (AP) - State inspectors are at a popular Ohio amusement park to figure out how a boat on a thrill ride accidentally rolled backward down a hill and flipped over in water, injuring seven people.
Cedar Point spokesman Bryan Edwards says the inspectors and officials at the Sandusky park are investigating what went wrong with the Shoot the Rapids water ride Friday.
Six of the injured passengers were treated at the scene. The seventh was taken to a nearby hospital and was treated and release.
The ride remains closed, but the park reopened Saturday.
Edwards says he can't give an estimate of when the accident investigation will be completed.
He says Cedar Point's top priority is the safety of the park's visitors.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.