D-backs Prospect Picture
The top prospects in the organization who just might, emphasis on might, get the call sometime this season and try their arm -- or bat -- at helping the big league club.
|The Hitters||Matt Davidson||Chris Owings||The Pitchers||David Holmberg||Archie Bradley||Andrew Chafin|
|Level||Triple-A (Reno)||Triple-A (Reno)||Double-A (Mobile)||Double-A (Mobile)||Double-A (Mobile)|
Davidson went 0-for-5 with a strikeout Monday against Tacoma.
Owings has five hits in his last nine at-bats. He's homered once in that span.
Holmberg was a tough-luck loser Monday after allowing just two runs in seven innings of work against Pensacola. He allowed seven hits and three walks while striking out two.
Bradley lost control -- literally -- in his most recent start against Birmingham, as he allowed seven walks in five innings of work. He surrendered two runs in the game.
Chafin was solid in a loss to Pensacola Sunday, allowing just two runs on four hits with a pair of walks in six innings of work. He struck out four.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.