Updated Jul 23, 2013 - 2:01 pm
First image of Kate Middleton, Prince William's royal baby
With them was the royal baby!
Cameras flashed as the prince and his wife held their newborn baby boy on the hospital steps.
While spectators and members of the press kept their distance, ITVNews managed to capture a close up photo of the future king. They later tweeted out the image.
Kate, who said she felt "very emotional," passed the baby to her husband, who appeared relaxed and joked with reporters.
"He's got her looks, thankfully," William said. "He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
William added: "He's a big boy, he's quite heavy," and laughed when a reporter asked him about the baby's hair.
After a quick moment with the press, the family got in their SUV and headed to Kensington Palace.
Kate Middleton gave birth in the Lindo wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday.
The birth announcement, via a press release from Kensington Palace, said the boy was born at 4:24 p.m. weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.