Updated Jul 23, 2013 - 2:01 pm
First image of Kate Middleton, Prince William's royal baby
With them was the royal baby!
Cameras flashed as the prince and his wife held their newborn baby boy on the hospital steps.
While spectators and members of the press kept their distance, ITVNews managed to capture a close up photo of the future king. They later tweeted out the image.
Kate, who said she felt "very emotional," passed the baby to her husband, who appeared relaxed and joked with reporters.
"He's got her looks, thankfully," William said. "He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
William added: "He's a big boy, he's quite heavy," and laughed when a reporter asked him about the baby's hair.
After a quick moment with the press, the family got in their SUV and headed to Kensington Palace.
Kate Middleton gave birth in the Lindo wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday.
The birth announcement, via a press release from Kensington Palace, said the boy was born at 4:24 p.m. weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.