Updated Jul 23, 2013 - 2:01 pm
First image of Kate Middleton, Prince William's royal baby
With them was the royal baby!
Cameras flashed as the prince and his wife held their newborn baby boy on the hospital steps.
While spectators and members of the press kept their distance, ITVNews managed to capture a close up photo of the future king. They later tweeted out the image.
Kate, who said she felt "very emotional," passed the baby to her husband, who appeared relaxed and joked with reporters.
"He's got her looks, thankfully," William said. "He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
William added: "He's a big boy, he's quite heavy," and laughed when a reporter asked him about the baby's hair.
After a quick moment with the press, the family got in their SUV and headed to Kensington Palace.
Kate Middleton gave birth in the Lindo wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday.
The birth announcement, via a press release from Kensington Palace, said the boy was born at 4:24 p.m. weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces.
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?