Updated Jul 23, 2013 - 2:01 pm
First image of Kate Middleton, Prince William's royal baby
With them was the royal baby!
Cameras flashed as the prince and his wife held their newborn baby boy on the hospital steps.
While spectators and members of the press kept their distance, ITVNews managed to capture a close up photo of the future king. They later tweeted out the image.
Kate, who said she felt "very emotional," passed the baby to her husband, who appeared relaxed and joked with reporters.
"He's got her looks, thankfully," William said. "He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
William added: "He's a big boy, he's quite heavy," and laughed when a reporter asked him about the baby's hair.
After a quick moment with the press, the family got in their SUV and headed to Kensington Palace.
Kate Middleton gave birth in the Lindo wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday.
The birth announcement, via a press release from Kensington Palace, said the boy was born at 4:24 p.m. weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.