Updated Jul 23, 2013 - 2:01 pm
First image of Kate Middleton, Prince William's royal baby
With them was the royal baby!
Cameras flashed as the prince and his wife held their newborn baby boy on the hospital steps.
While spectators and members of the press kept their distance, ITVNews managed to capture a close up photo of the future king. They later tweeted out the image.
Kate, who said she felt "very emotional," passed the baby to her husband, who appeared relaxed and joked with reporters.
"He's got her looks, thankfully," William said. "He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
William added: "He's a big boy, he's quite heavy," and laughed when a reporter asked him about the baby's hair.
After a quick moment with the press, the family got in their SUV and headed to Kensington Palace.
Kate Middleton gave birth in the Lindo wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London on Monday.
The birth announcement, via a press release from Kensington Palace, said the boy was born at 4:24 p.m. weighing 8 pounds 6 ounces.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.