Actress Futerman and twin sister co-writing memoir
NEW YORK (AP) - Actress Samantha Futerman is collaborating on a book about her improbable discovery that she had an identical twin.
Futerman, whose credits include the TV series "The Big C" and the film "Memoirs of a Geisha," has a deal with G.P Putnam's Sons. She will work on the book with Anais Bordier, the adopted daughter of a French family whose friends had seen Futerman's movies and swore that the actress and Bordier looked exactly alike.
Bordier learned that she and Futerman, who grew up in New Jersey, were born in the same town in South Korea on Nov. 19, 1987. She contacted Futerman earlier this year through Facebook and the women discovered in May they were indeed twins.
"Our incredible twist of fate can lift one to rejoice that anything is possible, and the biggest boundaries in life are the ones we set for ourselves," Futerman said in a statement issued by Putnam, a division of Penguin Random House.
"There are so many possibilities and so many crazy things that happen in a lifetime, and it is a gift to embrace them all," she said. "All I know is I have an innate, unconditional love toward this relative stranger."
Putnam announced Tuesday that the book is currently untitled and is scheduled to come out in the fall of 2014.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.