Actress Futerman and twin sister co-writing memoir
NEW YORK (AP) - Actress Samantha Futerman is collaborating on a book about her improbable discovery that she had an identical twin.
Futerman, whose credits include the TV series "The Big C" and the film "Memoirs of a Geisha," has a deal with G.P Putnam's Sons. She will work on the book with Anais Bordier, the adopted daughter of a French family whose friends had seen Futerman's movies and swore that the actress and Bordier looked exactly alike.
Bordier learned that she and Futerman, who grew up in New Jersey, were born in the same town in South Korea on Nov. 19, 1987. She contacted Futerman earlier this year through Facebook and the women discovered in May they were indeed twins.
"Our incredible twist of fate can lift one to rejoice that anything is possible, and the biggest boundaries in life are the ones we set for ourselves," Futerman said in a statement issued by Putnam, a division of Penguin Random House.
"There are so many possibilities and so many crazy things that happen in a lifetime, and it is a gift to embrace them all," she said. "All I know is I have an innate, unconditional love toward this relative stranger."
Putnam announced Tuesday that the book is currently untitled and is scheduled to come out in the fall of 2014.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.