Actress Futerman and twin sister co-writing memoir
NEW YORK (AP) - Actress Samantha Futerman is collaborating on a book about her improbable discovery that she had an identical twin.
Futerman, whose credits include the TV series "The Big C" and the film "Memoirs of a Geisha," has a deal with G.P Putnam's Sons. She will work on the book with Anais Bordier, the adopted daughter of a French family whose friends had seen Futerman's movies and swore that the actress and Bordier looked exactly alike.
Bordier learned that she and Futerman, who grew up in New Jersey, were born in the same town in South Korea on Nov. 19, 1987. She contacted Futerman earlier this year through Facebook and the women discovered in May they were indeed twins.
"Our incredible twist of fate can lift one to rejoice that anything is possible, and the biggest boundaries in life are the ones we set for ourselves," Futerman said in a statement issued by Putnam, a division of Penguin Random House.
"There are so many possibilities and so many crazy things that happen in a lifetime, and it is a gift to embrace them all," she said. "All I know is I have an innate, unconditional love toward this relative stranger."
Putnam announced Tuesday that the book is currently untitled and is scheduled to come out in the fall of 2014.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Reserve outfielder Tony Campana supplies spark during D-backs' sluggish start
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.